Khawar Qureshi QC, Head of Chambers
LLB, LLM (Cantab 1st Class Hon.)
Called to the Bar (Middle Temple) 1990, (Queen Mother’s Scholar, Middle Temple Colombos Public International Law Prizewinner and Middle Temple Public Law Prizewinner)
- 1999-2006 - One of around 20 Barristers appointed by the UK Government as “A” Panel Treasury Counsel to advise and represent the UK Government in civil matters.
- 1998 to 2008 – Member/Vice Chairman Bar Council International Relations Committee & Chairman Public International Law Committee
- October 2006 – Appointed as Queen’s Counsel.
- March 2008- Appointed as Head of Chambers of the first ever Barristers’ Chambers established outside the UK (McNair Chambers in Qatar)
- 2010 – April 2015 - Chairman of the CityUK Legal Services and Dispute Resolution Group (representing the Legal Services profession of the UK and designated by the UK Ministry of Justice as the lead agency to promote UK legal services overseas)
- January 2013 - Appointed as a Deputy Judge of the High Court (dealing with civil and commercial matters)
- 1989-1993 – Visiting lecturer in Commercial Law, University of Cambridge
- 1995- 2002- Visiting lecturer in Public International Law, King’s College London
- 2006-2013- Visiting Professor in Commercial Law, London University
- 2010 onwards - Halsbury Law Exchange (Lexis Nexis) Board Member Regular author of articles in the New Law Journal and other periodicals on Public International Law, International Arbitration and Commercial Litigation.
Commercial Litigation, International Arbitration, Public International Law, Judicial Review and Fraud/Regulatory matters.
Consistently recognized as one of the leading advocates in these areas by the Directories, his main strengths include the diversity of the practice areas he covers (being one of the few Commercial Silks to have undertaken very extensive advocacy, including high profile criminal cases).
Chambers & Partners 2014
"He delivers the goods, and is particularly good at difficult cases. He is part of the team and very flexible. As such he's completely what the modern barrister should be like."
"He is a very powerful advocate who works incredibly hard and gets on top of both the legal issues and the facts."
Undertaken hundreds of cases before the English Courts at all levels, as well as frequent appearances before International Arbitral Tribunals all over the world. Has acted or advised on matters involving around 80 different jurisdictions. Very experienced in disputes involving foreign law issues and works extensively with non English Co-Counsel. The youngest ever advocate to have appeared before the International Court of Justice in 1993 as Counsel for Bosnia in the Genocide case against Yugoslavia.
Further details of specific practice areas and experience can be obtained by emailing: .